Zucchini Noodles with Meatballs
Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles
There’s nothing better guilt free pasta and tender, juicy meatballs. You can make these for many occasions – quick weeknight dinner, office party, weekend get-together or leftover lunch. No need to give up a classic good meal, just swap some ingredients out to make a perfect paleo dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups low sodium paleo-friendly pasta sauce (25 oz. jar)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. zucchini, spiralized (about 6 cups)
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine lean ground meat and next 8 ingredients.
- Form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat pasta sauce in a large pot. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and meatballs when the sauce is lightly bubbling. Gently swirl pot by the handles to mix meatballs and ensure sauce covers meatballs.
- Keep sauce lightly bubbling and stir after 6 minutes. Cook meatballs for a total of 8 minutes. Remove one meatball and check internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F. Once cooked through, remove from heat.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini noodles and sauté 1-2 minutes, just until crisp-tender. Transfer zucchini noodles to individual plates and top with meatballs and sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Leave a comment