Paleo Gazpacho Soup
There’s nothing better than a refreshing, cold soup on a hot summer day! This recipe combines tomatoes with crunchy bell peppers and fresh English cucumbers. All these vegetables add up to lots of fiber and vitamins A, C and E (antioxidants to boost immunity and slow aging), making it a great appetizer or meal you can feel good about eating anytime.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 cups
- 2 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 2 pounds large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large (about 12 oz.) English cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Parsley, chopped
- Place tomatoes, red onion and ½ of cucumber and bell peppers in a blender. Blend until chunky.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Pour into large bowl and stir in remaining cucumber, bell peppers and parsley.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Makes 8 1-cup servings.
Leave a comment