Craving a chocolate treat for yourself? We got you! Chocolate desserts are delicious and just plain satisfying. But don't worry about indulging in chocolate because this recipe is packed with superfoods like cacao, maca powder, and collagen for a frozen dessert that is delicious as it is nutritious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 3/4 cup cherries (pitted)
- 1/2 frozen sweet potato
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 pitted & soaked dates
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in your preferred food processor or blender
- Pour smoothie ingredients in a bowl (Pro Tip: if you add too much liquid your smoothie ingredients will have the consistency to drink instead of eating with a spoon.)
Topped with Dark Chocolate Cherry Nut Bars from @cavemanfoods, sliced banana, cacao nibs, cherries, and a dark chocolate cherry drizzle made with melted dark chocolate squares + elderberry syrup + cherry extract.
Makes 2 smoothie bowl servings.
Dana is a certified yoga instructor, food blogger, chocolate lover, and mom. She finds joy when creating in her kitchen and staying centered on her yoga mat. Dana believes that using fresh, simple ingredients can be as magical for your taste buds as they can be for your health. Check out all of her delicious creations on Instagram.