For all you rice bowl fans out there, low carb, high protein and paleo ingredients are possible! Use cauliflower instead of rice to cut down on carbs, while also making your dish veggie-rich. These extra veggies help boost the fiber and variety of nutrients you’ll get all in one dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup Coconut aminos
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 3 large carrots, halved and sliced
- 3 large stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered toasted almonds
- Combine olive oil, sesame oil and coconut aminos in a small bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil mixture in a wok or fry pan on medium-high heat. Add carrots and celery and sauté about 3 minutes, then add red peppers and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside, keeping warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil mixture to wok. Once hot, add chicken thighs and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetables to chicken and heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, add 2 Tablespoons of remaining oil mixture to a pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until cauliflower rice is heated through and the desired consistency. Garnish with green onions and slivered almonds.
Makes 4 servings.