Double Chocolate Holiday Cookies
These chocolatey cookies are perfect for your holiday cookie swap! They’re gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free so they’re great for anyone who might have food sensitivities, but they’re still delicious enough for everyone to enjoy.
Tips for baking with kids:
- Egg cracking – Give them a separate bowl to crack the eggs in. They may need some practice, and this will keep shells out of the rest of the batter.
- Pre-measuring – If you pre-measure the ingredients, kids can still pour them into the batter.
- Decorating - For a lot of kids, this is what they think of when they think of making cookies. Let them get creative on how they want to dip and sprinkle.
- Cleaning up – Make sure that they know cleaning up is part of the process. Kids can put the used bowls and utensils into the sink and fill them with soap and water or load them into the dishwasher – either way you’ll all still get the satisfaction of knowing that they’re helping.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 1 cookie, makes 12
1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Almond Crunch Grain Free Granola
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips + 1 tbsp melted coconut oil for the chocolate dipping
- 2 eggs
- sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place granola in a food processor to chop up finely. Set aside.
3. Combine the dry ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients in separate bowl and mix.
4. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out mixture on a baking sheet.
5. Place in the oven for 12 minutes.
6. Once cookies have cooled off, prepare chocolate mixture by melting 1 cup chocolate chips with coconut oil.
7. Dip end of cookie into the chocolate and top with remaining processed granola.
8. Place in the fridge
- Certified Paleo Grain Free Granola in resealable pouches
- Vegan and Non-GMO
- 12g of healthy fats, 10g of carbs and 6g of sugar
- Dairy-free, Soy-free, and Gluten-free
Taylor, from One Balanced Life, creates delicious and simple recipes using minimal ingredients and wholesome foods. She focuses on dishes that not only are easy to prepare, but make you feel good eating it. Taylor loves to find unique ways to cater to all dietary needs, including the paleo diet. More recipes and inspiration can be found on her blog or Instagram.
Leave a comment