This recipe is easy to make and once you fix it, you can forget about it until it’s done in about 40 minutes. The foil helps keep the chicken moist and is ready to go for left-overs the next day. Combine with roasted vegetables or a side salad.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ medium yellow onion, minced
- ½ cup fresh red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- A large pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine garlic, red onion, red pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, basil and tomatoes in a small bowl. Toss well and set aside.
3. Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Take 4 10-inch squares of heavy-duty foil and brush center with oil.
5. Place chicken on foil and spoon vegetable mixture evenly over chicken and seal foil packages.
6. Place chicken packs on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
7.Carefully open foil to release steam and serve.
Makes 4 servings.