10% Off + Free Shipping sitewide! Code: HOLIDAY10

5 Tips for a Healthy Holiday Season

The holidays are all about spending quality time with loved ones (and lots of food!). At the same time, it can be stressful juggling travel, work, and social engagements. We want you to enjoy this time and savor every moment, so we put together a few tips to make sure you have a healthy and happy holiday season.  
Keep Moving
Between juggling work and social engagements, it’s easy to let your workout routine fall to the bottom of your list of priorities. Make time for exercise every day, even if it’s just 10 minutes. You’ll get a boost of endorphins and you won’t have to reestablish good habits come the New Year.
Don’t Skip Meals

Don’t save all your calories for the holiday party. You’ll likely end up bingeing on things you wouldn’t normally eat. It’s important to eat well-rounded, wholesome meals and snacks comprised of lean protein, veggies, nuts and seeds to support a healthy metabolism and blood sugar levels.

 

 

Follow the 80/20 Rule

Let’s be real, it’s the holidays and you’re going to indulge. And you should!   To keep things in check, maintain a healthy diet 80% of the time, and let yourself enjoy the holiday goodies the other 20%. Note – this doesn’t mean you should go crazy on the dessert buffet. Don’t eat it just because it’s there. Choose the food you really love.

 

Sleep! 

When you don’t get enough sleep, you’re far more susceptible to stress, weight gain and decreased will power. Aim for 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night and you won’t be tempted to eat that second slice of pie.

 

Keep healthy snacks nearby

A long day of holiday shopping can really rev up your appetite, and when we’re hungry we’re most likely going to go for the most convenient option. Skip the mall food, and keep nutritious, satisfying snacks in your purse, car, home, etc. so you have something readily available. Caveman Foods has you covered

Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday season from everyone at Caveman Foods!




    0 comments

    We’d like to hear from you.

    Please note: comments must be approved before they are published